I CAN ONLINE TRACKER PRIVACY NOTICE
I CAN is a charitable company registered in England and Wales with registered charity number, 210031 and in Scotland with registered charity number SC039947.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our visitors; this privacy notice sets out how we will treat the information you enter when using our Trackers. Information is entered on to the tracker by school and early years setting staff. They create a log in and use this to access the tracker. Once they have a log in they can use this to log on to the tracker input children’s’ details and children’s’ tracker scores. It relates to all of I CAN’s Trackers. I CAN Trackers accompany I CAN programmes and are used to measure progress in children’s language and communications skills after taking part in the I CAN programme. They are also used to monitor the quality of that programme. This policy relates to I CAN Trackers, current and in the future, including:
- Early Talk
- Early Talk Boost Tracker 2015 (now archived)
- Early Talk Boost Tracker 2016
- Talk Boost KS1
- Talk Boost KS1 Reception Tracker 2016
- Talk Boost KS1 Year 1 Tracker 2016
- Talk Boost KS1 Year 2 Tracker 2016
- Talk Boost KS2
- Talk Boost KS2 Year 3 Tracker 2016
- Talk Boost KS2 Year 4 Tracker 2016
- Talk Boost KS2 Year 5 Tracker 2016
- Talk Boost KS2 Year 6 Tracker 2016
(1) WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of data when you use one of our Trackers
- Information about your visits to and use of the online tracker
- Name of your setting/school and contact details
- Initials, date of birth and gender of children being added . We include date of birth so we are able to calculate the age of the child when the I CAN tracker was carried out. Their age at the time of completing the tracker will influence whether their scores place them in the red, amber or green category. All child data is covered by the I CAN Data Protection Policy
- Children’s before and after scores
- Your email address
(2) INFORMATION ABOUT ONLINE TRACKER VISITS
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to the online tracker such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of the tracker, to improve the trackers usability and to monitor the impact of I CAN’s programmes. Every time you log onto the tracker you will see a green Cookie Control logo. By clicking on this you will be able to control which information is stored.
(3) HOW WE WILL USE YOUR DATA
Children’s scores that you input into the site will be stored by I CAN and used as a way to monitor our programmes. These scores will be collated, analysed and may be used in our reporting. For example “After taking part in the I CAN programme, three quarters of children reached expected levels in their ability to talk in sentences.” We will only use anonymised aggregated information from the whole cohort. No individual schools, settings or children will be identifiable from this information.
All of the information we receive will be anonymised and no settings or children will be identifiable in the information we produce. In our monitoring, we do not report on individual authorities, settings, schools or children.
We sometimes receive requests from our licensed tutors and from organisations such as charities and local authorities to share data. We assess all of these on a request by request basis.
- We will not share any of your data without your permission
- It will be up to the licensed tutor or organisation requesting data to get permission from you and make it clear why they are requesting the data and how it will be used.
- Organisations will have to make it clear you to how long they will be keeping your data.
- If the organisations have not made this clear to you I CAN will not share any data.
You are under no obligation to give permission to share your data.
Please note, if we are asked for data and permission by schools and settings is given, please allow 10 working days turnaround time. We will provide the required information no later than 10 days from the initial request is received.
Without your express consent, we will not provide information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing or any other purposes.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- We will not provide your information to third parties other than in the ways already stated in this policy.
(4) SECURITY OF YOUR DATA
The site is HTTPS certificated. Data transmitted through the site is encrypted. However, the storing of data, along with the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. All data is stored in accordance with The General Data protection Regulations (May 2018) and the I CAN Data Protection Policy.
We will never disclose your passwords to anyone else. If you think that someone else knows your password, change it immediately. If you decide to share data exported from the site you do this at your own risk.
(5) HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR DATA
Data inputted onto the tracker is used for the ongoing monitoring of our programmes. Therefore we keep the data for 15 years.
If we stop using a tracker or update it with a new version we will keep the data associated with the old tracker for five years from the date the tracker is archived and then destroy the data.
(6) PRIVACY NOTICE AMENDMENTS
(7) OUR CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any questions or concerns about the contents of this policy, please contact us at Data@ican.org.uk
(8) YOUR RIGHTS
We have appointed a data protection officer to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please make contact by emailing Data@ican.org.uk or write to the Director of Corporate Services, 31 Angel Gate, Goswell Road, London EC1V 2PT.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of incomplete or inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are processing it for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party where processing is carried out by automated means.
To find out more about your rights, to exercise any of your rights, or if you have any questions or concerns about data protection at I CAN, email Data@ican.org.uk or write to the Director of Corporate Services, 31 Angel Gate, Goswell Road, London EC1V 2PT.
If you have any concerns or comments about how we use information, we would like to hear from you. Alternatively, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues for guidance and advice, or to lodge a complaint. The ICO may be contacted at:
Post: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545745 (national rate)